A even though ago we featured a lovilee Woodlands inspired maternity styled shoot captured by Marinda Might Photography. In the shoot some of the goods by Mill’k was usedI also saw their things at the most recent Kamersvol Geskenke in Irene and voted their wooden stamps as a single of the ideal products to have, so we thought we’d introduce you to this store in a suitable fashion.




o Q+A With Riesa From Mill’k amazing ideas

Mill’k at Kamersvol Geskenke Irene, Image by: Genevieve Fundaro.




Q: How + When was Mill’k born?
I consider that Mill’k is still evolving every day, that is also how the organization was birthed… I grew up in the little, but artsy town, Hartbeespoort. The inventive juices did not really flow throughout my college years and I would’ve by no means imagined myself in the place I locate myself today.




I did my post-matric studies at UP in law and was later accepted as attorney, but knew from the commence that it was not fairly me. Shortly after I was accepted, I decided to rather go into teaching as this would free up my afternoons for far more creative projects. This was specifically what was required to commence Mill’k, inside a year I had a strong client base and all my ideas produced for very a handful of merchandise.




I initial started my personal retail organization, but now practically focus wholly on the wholesale of the things.




o Q+A With Riesa From Mill’k amazing ideas

Mill’k wooden stamps, Left image by: Phyllis Green, Proper image by: Genevieve Fundaro.




Q: Why the name Mill’k?
I was searching for a name that was both short but catchy. I thought of “mill”, like in “windmill”, but then I added a “k”… completely random.




o Q+A With Riesa From Mill’k amazing ideas

Mill’k wooden proteas, Left image by: Phyllis Green, Appropriate image by: Genevieve Fundaro.




Q: How did the concept of creating things out of wood come about?
As our products created we started manufacturing far more and far more things out of raw wood. The thought had constantly been there and wood just occurred to be the medium we preferred.





o Q+A With Riesa From Mill’k amazing ideas


Q: Exactly where do you find your inspiration?
Sheesh, there is such a lot of creativity around us. I enjoy travel and people, these two factors inspire me.




‘Live your life like a camera! Focus on what’s important, capture the very good times, develop from the negatives and if issues do not perform out, just take an additional shot’





o Q+A With Riesa From Mill’k amazing ideas


Q: Which products are most popular at the moment?
All our little wooden creatures and smaller sized jewellery are very popular items Something that makes a lovilee lady really feel special and loved.





o Q+A With Riesa From Mill’k amazing ideas


Q: Where can lovilees get hold of you and/or your items?
We sell via the net and have a catalogue that lovilees can download. We are in the approach of developing our personal on-line retailer. Visit us on www.millk.co.za or adhere to us on Facebook.




 
Top